Website Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson)
Overview of JNAM
Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) offers products, tools, and support designed to help Americans plan for a retirement with purpose. Jackson National Asset Management, LLC (JNAM) is the investment manager responsible for selecting and monitoring the external asset managers of the JNL Funds – a series of proprietary mutual funds on the Jackson variable annuity platform – and providing the accounting and administrative services for the Funds. In addition, JNAM directly manages several risk-based multi-strategy fund-of-fund offerings available exclusively through Jackson products.
Working in JNAM Operations
At JNAM, we pursue individuals who exhibit dedication and willingness to learn in a high performing culture. We encourage collaboration and give our associates and leaders the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define meaningful internal and external relationships. We attract and retain talent who believe in our culture and take ownership in delivering results.
As one of Chicago’s largest money managers, working at JNAM provides the opportunity to work with complex investment offerings and well-known investment management firms. Our investment partners are selected and monitored through a rigorous due diligence process focused on performance, repeatability, operations, oversight, and fit.
We firmly believe in the “One Jackson” approach: working closely with our parent company and other affiliates to achieve financial goals, while also recognizing our strength lies in the people we employ and communities we serve.
We value our people:
- Fair pay, pay-for-performance, and competitive benefits
- Talent development
- D&I: Business Resource Associate Groups (BRAGs)
- Emotional well-being
- Financial wellness
We value our community:
- Charitable giving to communities
- Financial education
- Associate volunteerism and giving
Performs activities to calculate net asset valuations (NAV’s) for mutual fund transactions on medium size and/or medium complexity funds. Performs various reconciliations. Prepares month-end and year-end reports and assists in the preparation of various internal and external reports.
- Accurate and timely calculation of daily Net Asset Values for several mutual funds.
- Researches and resolves cash and security reconciliations to custodian bank using appropriate resources.
- Reviews trade amounts with sub-advisor trade tickets including principal amounts, shares, prices, etc. on designated mutual funds.
- Instructs on short-term investment trades based on available cash.
- Evaluates income and expense accruals
- Books trades and currency contracts not automatically fed into the system.
- Works with internal and external parties to resolve trade, cash and income discrepancies.
- Performs reconciliations with the custodian and sub-advisors.
- Peer reviews other team members’ transaction journal to verify accuracy.
- Verifies other daily transactions such as dividend payments, interest payments, and corporate actions.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation reports and semi-annual SEC filings.
- Contributes to process improvement and control strengthening initiatives, which may involve collaboration with other business units and technology subject matter experts.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of investment vehicles such as equities, fixed income, derivative securities, etc.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in job-related software applications preferred.
- Ability to understand and collaborate on business processes, rules, and controls preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree accounting or finance preferred. required.
- 2+ years work experience. required.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.