Website Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson)
Overview of JNAM
Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) offers products, tools, and support designed to help Americans plan for a retirement with purpose. Jackson National Asset Management, LLC (JNAM) is the investment manager responsible for selecting and monitoring the external asset managers of the JNL Funds – a series of proprietary mutual funds on the Jackson variable annuity platform – and providing the accounting and administrative services for the Funds. In addition, JNAM directly manages several risk-based multi-strategy fund-of-fund offerings available exclusively through Jackson products.
Working in JNAM Operations
At JNAM, we pursue individuals who exhibit dedication and willingness to learn in a high performing culture. We encourage collaboration and give our associates and leaders the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define meaningful internal and external relationships. We attract and retain talent who believe in our culture and take ownership in delivering results.
As one of Chicago’s largest money managers, working at JNAM provides the opportunity to work with complex investment offerings and well-known investment management firms. Our investment partners are selected and monitored through a rigorous due diligence process focused on performance, repeatability, operations, oversight, and fit.
We firmly believe in the “One Jackson” approach: working closely with our parent company and other affiliates to achieve financial goals, while also recognizing our strength lies in the people we employ and communities we serve.
We value our people:
· Fair pay, pay-for-performance, and competitive benefits
· Talent development
· D&I: Business Resource Associate Groups (BRAGs)
· Emotional well-being
· Financial wellness
We value our community:
· Charitable giving to communities
· Financial education
· Associate volunteerism and giving
The Fund Accounting Supervisor directs a team of accountants in the accurate and efficient daily calculation of net asset valuations (NAV’s) for a variety of mutual funds. This position is responsible for assisting the Manager in the oversight, training, mentoring and development of staff. The Fund Accounting Supervisor acts as a primary liaison for the department, responsible for interacting with other functional teams to address operational challenges, enhance controls and identify areas for increased efficiency.
- Supervise a team of Fund Accountants; ensure accurate and efficient daily NAV calculations for a variety of mutual funds.
- Support the development of staff, conducting technical check-ins to evaluate progress and identify areas for growth; assist the Manager with personal goal setting and performance reviews.
- Coach employees and provide guidance on how to resolve various reconciliation breaks, audit concerns, and questions from management, other functional teams and sub-advisors.
- Review various monthly reports including but not limited to; collateral, prime broker, portfolio turnover, and material reconciling items.
- Contribute to department hiring decisions; conduct interviews and provide feedback on Intern, Accountant and Senior Accountant candidates.
- Design, recommend and implement new procedures/controls to improve performance and increase departmental efficiency.
- Lead department in the launch of new funds and the processing of fund mergers.
- Review and approve the processing of higher risk transactions.
- Execute on strategy and initiatives set forth by senior leadership.
- Troubleshoot and/or assist in resolution of complex exception processing.
- Review and deliver critical daily NAV reports to various external and internal parties.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of mutual fund accounting practices.
- Mastery level expertise in the processing of complex securities and downstream NAV implications.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to plan and lead projects.
- Excellent time management skills; proven ability to be detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize.
- Ability to escalate work to meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with peers and management.
- Ability to train, develop, and supervise employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve highly complex problems both independently and within groups.
- Ability to lead in the execution of individual, team and department goals and to collaborate across departments.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and other relevant software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- 5+ years of related work experience. required.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.