Our Futures & Derivatives practice is seeking an experienced associate with at least seven years of relevant post-JD experience to join our Washington DC or New York office.
Our Futures and Derivatives practice advises financial market participants on all facets of US commodity futures and derivatives regulatory, transactional and enforcement issues, including the regulation of futures exchanges, swap execution facilities, and clearinghouses, commodity pools and commodity trading advisors, swap dealers and futures commission merchants.
The Futures and Derivatives Group works closely with lawyers in our Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Bank Regulation and Enforcement, Broker-Dealer Compliance and Regulation, Investment Management, Securities Enforcement, and Securities Litigation Groups.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
• Advising on Commodity Exchange Act and CFTC regulatory compliance matters;
• Drafting rulebooks, compliance policies and procedures, product listings, or other regulatory filings.
• Requesting and advocating for the issuance of staff no-action and interpretive letters;
• Reviewing proposed legislation and regulations, and drafting effective comment letters.
• Providing subject matter expertise on futures and derivatives issues in connection with investigations, enforcement matters, and civil litigation.
• Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based.
• At least seven years of experience in futures and derivatives legal position.
• Successful candidates will have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, and a willingness to positively contribute to a collaborative work environment.
Direct applications only. Search Firm submissions will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit lawcruit.micronapps.com.