- About Us
- News & Events
- WIFM Connect
Women in Financial Markets (WIFM) HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHI
Women in Financial Markets (WIFM) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 2007, whose mission is to connect, elevate, and advance women across the global financial markets ecosystem. WIFM provides targeted channels for education, mentoring and sponsorship, leveraging senior leaders within our organization. WIFM’s 6000+ members – women in trading, sales, law, economics, portfolio management, risk, marketing, research, academia, government, operations and technology – are committed to helping the next generation of women leaders. In an effort to encourage enterprising high school girls from underserved backgrounds to pursue careers in finance, WIFM has established this scholarship program.
The applicant must:
- Be a 12th grade girl
- Be from an underserved environment
Applicants must submit:
- Fill out an application, which can be found here or clicking the button below.
- A high school transcript
- A teacher/guidance counselor letter of recommendation
- Essay: Which describes in 500-1000 words what career you are interested in and the personal traits necessary to overcome potential obstacles that you may face in your career journey. Please explain why you chose those traits.
Winner(s) will receive a prize of $2,500 towards their tuition which will be in the form of a check made payable directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education located within the United States attended by student applicant.
- Completed applications are due by November 30, 2023.
Please reach out to Melody Mokhtarian at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline, and decisions will be made in early December.
Support Women in Financial Markets
We appreciate you making Women in Financial Markets one of your charities.